Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Into the Wild Blog #4

When Chris was working at McDonalds it was a characteristic break through just like the book said. It was unlikely of him to just stop and settle down for a while. He seemed to me that he was tired of traveling on foot and I thought he might just give up. I then remembered he always gets itchy feet later on. Anyways, since he would be staying there for a long time it seems, that he would decide to get a job and earn some money just to have in case he needed anything. I believed he just chose McDonalds just for an easy steady job he could maintain for himself. That basically my thoughts about it, that he just wanted easy money to make flippin' burgers. Something did trigger him to stay as a normal person. It doesn't necessarily come quite to my mind even when I read back before or after he worked there. My hypothesis is that he was just tired and wanted to settle for a while until he thought about moving on again. He even used his real name Chris McCandless and gave his real social security number to McDonalds. In my mind, I was saying that he was going to give up and just work at McDonalds. Thats just my thoughts though and I'm still trying to figure out what exactly did trigger him to do what he did.


The colleagues from McDonalds don't recall much from him. The assistant manager said that he absolutely hated to wear socks with shoes. That he just hated to have socks on no matter what. He also that Chris was a real good worker and was really dependable. Then the second assistant manager had a different impression. Lori Zarza, she said that no matter how hard she was on his case that he would just work at his same pace. It claims in the book that customers would be piling up, but he never really seemed to care much. Chris is that typical guy that aren't around as much anymore. He just doesn't care what someone says to him and takes no emotion. Later on, Lori started telling Chris he needed to bathe more often and that made Chris mad, but he never showed it. Chris's feelings were probably to just ignore the other workers. He priority is probably to just get money and be on his way. If I was worked with Chris at McDonalds I would probably try to be friends with him. Thats what I like to do. I like to make people feel welcome and comfortable with where ever they are. I would just be friendly to him.
 
I feel like he had a strong connection with them, because they bonded more than anyone. Chris would do things for Jan and Bob, like watch the flea market table and other things. I feel like Chris had just strong feelings for staying with them and a little piece of him not wanting to leave. They were connected to Chris , because he was unique in ways. They basically loved him and so did the dog. Anyways, the connections between them were really unique and I loved them.h

Ronald Franz was really really connected to Chris. Ronald's family died, which means his wife and his son. Thats really hard to take in with your life. So, Ronald accepted Chris into his life, because he was alone and had nothing left really. He missed his family insanely and that probably drove him to the point right when he met Chris, he was going to be attached to him. They spent a lot of time together, going places together, eating together and more things. Ronald finally popped the question and asked Chris if he could adopt him as his grandson. See, Ronald just wants someone in his life again, someone to love of his own; to call his own. Ronald's connection grew and grew while he was with Chris. Thats why I think he was so affected was by his family's death and that he didn't want to be alone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment