I really amazed myself about my own opinion on this book. I thought at first that it was going to be boring and not interesting one bit, but I was wrong. I really do like this book and I've only read the first 3 chapters. Into the Wild is very intriguing, because I have tons and tons of questions to ask about why Chris McCandless ran off and wanted to go into the wild. After all, my opinion on the book so far is that he is a noble man to me and I feel like he is compassionate about humankind. I feel this way, because I don't think any other man would give all of his college fund money or any money away to anyone; or just disappear away from his family. I know I'm really going to like this book.
I believe Chris McCandless was looking for a new life. I feel like he just wanted to be away from everyone and to be on his own.He just wanted to live in the wild. His new life to him seemed to be among living in the woods with himself and the wilderness. I support this is way from the book. His exact words to his parents were, "I think I'm going to disappear for awhile." After all, he did change his name to Alex Supertramp. He wanted nobody to find him, he didn't write his parents anymore from what I have read. It just seems that he didn't want anyone to take care of him anymore; to just live in the wild. Maybe he had the urge to just live there, like his conscience telling him to move there. I think people go on this type of journey, because they feel the need too. They feel the need to get out and just live wild to see how hard or how easy it would be without nothing thats in their name basically. I think this is why people do this sort of thing.
I agree with you that he was looking for a new life, but the funny thing is, he ended up with no life at all.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you are saying. He is a nobel man and deserves to be credited with what he did. I also believe it is as very interestion book so far.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you but why do you think he left? He may have wanted a new life but what made him want new?
ReplyDelete